Kidderminster Art Society welcomes guest Artist John Hopkins at Trimpley Village Hall at 7.15pm.
John studied illustration at Birmingham College of Art. He prefers to work in a fast, loose, impressionistic style but always with the emphasis on good drawing skills.
John is an associate member of the RBSA and a member of the Birmingham Watercolour Society.
Why not come along and enjoy an informative evening in good company? All welcome, non-members £5 on the door.
KAS enjoyed a wonderful evening with guest artist Rob Leckey. He showed us how he created his paintings, the techniques he employs and the various mediums he uses, and not a brush in sight! Rob uses a variety of tools to apply paint, ink and oil pastels to his paintings using pieces of stick, credit cards, cardboard and anything else he can make a mark with. The painting literally evolved before our eyes.
Thanks Rob for coming to Kidderminster Art Society and entertaining and educating us!
Thank you to everyone who came and supported Kidderminster Art Society’s AGM on Thursday. I am sure you will agree that we have a great club with lots of varied activities with an active committee who dedicate a good deal of time and energy to ensure that we have an interesting , sometimes challenging, events programme and that everything runs smoothly.
This year we welcomed some new committee members who replaced others who, having served for some time, decided it was time to stand down. A full list of the committee membes will be posted here soon.
In the meantime, please find the Chairman’s report here.
Tonight’s meeting is the Kidderminster Art Society’s AGM. This is an opportunity for members to nominate and vote for members to sit on the committee.
Attendees will also have the chance to find out what events have been planned for the coming year. It’s going to be good!
So come along and support your society.
KAS Christmas Update
Hello members, The Christmas celebration on Thursday 3 rd December will be starting at 7.00 pm. Please arrive between 6.30 and 6.45 so the buffet can be arranged and you can find a seat before the band start . Its going to be a great night
There are still a few tickets remaining so if you want to bring a friend then please do. Just pay on the door.
Don’t forget to bring your drink and glass !!
It’s party time !
KAS will be visiting the Royal West of England Academy (RWA) Bristol, Annual Open Exhibition onThursday 5th November 2015. The coach will leave the Mercure Hotel Bewdley at 8.30am and Hagley (Webb’s Garden Centre, Kidderminster Road, West Hagley) at 8.45am. Return from Bristol at 3.00pm. The cost for coach and entrance to the exhibition is £18.00 pp Deadline for booking is Saturday 31st October 2015. Please note: bookings will be confirmed by email. Cheques will not be cashed until there are sufficient numbers. Please download and complete and return the booking form. Booking form
David Spurrier Tel. 01299 896643 email: email@example.com Mobile 07815992766(use this on the day) ………………………………………………………………
- The tickets for the BBQ are now available. It is free for members but £5.00 for visitors. All tickets will be numbered and you must produce it on the night to get your food. Then the tickets will be put into a draw for a prize.
You can bring your own alcohol and glass on the night if you so wish. Burgers, Chicken and Sausages on the BBQ. If you require vegetarian then please see a member of the committee.
- All members who have paid their subs will receive a Hard Back Sketch Pad to commemorate the 85th Year of Kidderminster Art Society.
- Those of you who enjoy sketching and painting outdoors then you may like to join a group that meets every Thursday morning for a few hours and there are lots of lovely venues for you to visit. See the list of meetings here.
MAY – Medium of the month is PASTELS
- 7th May – Demonstration by Claire Spencer, RBSA. Do come along and support Claire, she is very talented.
- 14th May – Work night with Models, Figure Drawing. Lucy Jolly will be running this work night. There will be two models for you (Clothed) and you will need to bring along A3 drawing pad, Pencils, eraser and ruler. Please don’t bring charcoal or pastels or any paints. This night will be about the proportions of the body and how to get this accurately down on paper.
- 21st May – Work night. This week will be run by Lesley Connolly. There will be some Pastels for you to try but if you have your own then please bring them along with you.
28th May – Appraisal night with Rod Edwards. Bring along your work for appraisal. If you are new to this medium, then bring along what you have done, it does not have to be a piece of finished work, it could just be techniques and colour combinations you have tried in pastel.
May 2015 – Medium will be pastels
- 7th May Demo by Claire Spencer RBSA, PS
- 14th May Work night, Figure drawing
- 21st May Work night
- 28th May Appraisal by Rod Edwards, BA Hons
16th April – The demo by Peter Horrocks on 16th April was a great night with lots of information on using earth pigments, which peter demonstrated with great skill. His work was very different to what was expected and most people went away with lots of ideas. There are some photos on our Facebook page for you.
23rd April – Although not many members came to the sale of art material, those that did either bought something that was a bargain or sold items that they no longer wanted. We all enjoyed some nibbles and a cup of tea while having a nice evening in good company.
30th April – The Spring Trophy Night was a great success with lots of high standard entries. We all enjoyed the buffet while trying to deliberate our casting vote.
The votes were counted and the winners are:
1st …….Karen Hotchkiss
More photos on Facebook for you