Kidderminster Art Society members held a figure drawing session this evening at Trimpley Village Hall with a professional model.
commented ” A really good night, lots of members having a go at sketching our model. She was very good at modern poses and bought her own props “.
A lovely, relaxed and fun evening at Trimpley Hall trying out some of the techniques we learnt from Rob Leckey last week. Here is one of Karen Hotchkiss’ paintings in-the-making in collage and acrylics. Lots more work to do yet! Come back in a week or so to see how it is progressing.
Join us at Trimpley Village Hall this evening for a session with Claire Spencer on drawing and mark marking. All materials will be provided. The October – November newsletter is now available under the Newsletter tab above. There are lots of activites going on this autumn so don’t forget to put the dates in your diaries!
This month’s theme is- Painting in Oil and Acrylic. You can choose to paint in either medium for your subject.
- 3 rd September. We kick of the month with a work night
- 10th September – Demo Night with Angela Gaughan . She will be demonstrating in Acrylic
- 17th September – Work Night. We will also be having a photo session with Colin Hill. He will be photographing your entry for the Annual Exhibition in Kidderminster Library in November. Please bring along your UNFRAMED WORK (not behind glass) but can be mounted. Only one piece per member. There will be one more chance in October if your piece isn’t ready.
- 24th September – Appraisal night with Shirley Bonas. If you are in Bewdley why not pop into St. Georges Cafe and have a look at Shirley’s exhibition.
Come along to the Kidderminster Art Society meeting tonight at Trimpley Hall and help us make origami birds for the Kidderminster Art Festival in August. Should be a relaxed, fun evening!
Review – A fun evening was had by everyone! The origami birds caused a few problems but we made quite a few to add to the flock heading for the Kidderminster Art Festival in August.
MAY – Medium of the month is PASTELS
- 7th May – Demonstration by Claire Spencer, RBSA. Do come along and support Claire, she is very talented.
- 14th May – Work night with Models, Figure Drawing. Lucy Jolly will be running this work night. There will be two models for you (Clothed) and you will need to bring along A3 drawing pad, Pencils, eraser and ruler. Please don’t bring charcoal or pastels or any paints. This night will be about the proportions of the body and how to get this accurately down on paper.
- 21st May – Work night. This week will be run by Lesley Connolly. There will be some Pastels for you to try but if you have your own then please bring them along with you.
28th May – Appraisal night with Rod Edwards. Bring along your work for appraisal. If you are new to this medium, then bring along what you have done, it does not have to be a piece of finished work, it could just be techniques and colour combinations you have tried in pastel.
16th April – The demo by Peter Horrocks on 16th April was a great night with lots of information on using earth pigments, which peter demonstrated with great skill. His work was very different to what was expected and most people went away with lots of ideas. There are some photos on our Facebook page for you.
23rd April – Although not many members came to the sale of art material, those that did either bought something that was a bargain or sold items that they no longer wanted. We all enjoyed some nibbles and a cup of tea while having a nice evening in good company.
30th April – The Spring Trophy Night was a great success with lots of high standard entries. We all enjoyed the buffet while trying to deliberate our casting vote.
The votes were counted and the winners are:
1st …….Karen Hotchkiss
More photos on Facebook for you
Don’t forget Thursday 11 September will be a Work Night, to be held at Trimpley Village Hall.
This month’s theme is Townscapes; so bring your sketches, photos etc. and come and enjoy an evening of light-hearted banter and painting.