Join us at Trimpley Village Hall this evening for a session with Claire Spencer on drawing and mark marking. All materials will be provided. The October – November newsletter is now available under the Newsletter tab above. There are lots of activites going on this autumn so don’t forget to put the dates in your diaries!
What a fantastic evening with Angela Gaughan! Angela is renowned for her wildlife paintings and brought copies of her book and some of her paintings to show us.
Angela showed us how she went about creating her paintings using acrylic washes built up in washes over a detailed Inktense drawing.
Even though Angela only had a couple of hours for her demo the result was amazing!
I am sure that those attending the demo learnt many valuable tips about working in acrylic.
To see more of Angela’s work visit her website here.
This month’s theme is- Painting in Oil and Acrylic. You can choose to paint in either medium for your subject.
- 3 rd September. We kick of the month with a work night
- 10th September – Demo Night with Angela Gaughan . She will be demonstrating in Acrylic
- 17th September – Work Night. We will also be having a photo session with Colin Hill. He will be photographing your entry for the Annual Exhibition in Kidderminster Library in November. Please bring along your UNFRAMED WORK (not behind glass) but can be mounted. Only one piece per member. There will be one more chance in October if your piece isn’t ready.
- 24th September – Appraisal night with Shirley Bonas. If you are in Bewdley why not pop into St. Georges Cafe and have a look at Shirley’s exhibition.
Tonight – 4th June, we have a demo by George Loades.
He is a member of the Birmingham Water Colour Society, Ludlow Art Club and The RBSA and he paints lovely landscapes and seascapes and is well worth coming to see. He will also bring some of his work along for us to view. George will be exhibiting with BWS this July/August at Hanbury Hall
Next week, 11th June is a Work night – bring along your water colours and try some techniques out
MAY – Medium of the month is PASTELS
- 7th May – Demonstration by Claire Spencer, RBSA. Do come along and support Claire, she is very talented.
- 14th May – Work night with Models, Figure Drawing. Lucy Jolly will be running this work night. There will be two models for you (Clothed) and you will need to bring along A3 drawing pad, Pencils, eraser and ruler. Please don’t bring charcoal or pastels or any paints. This night will be about the proportions of the body and how to get this accurately down on paper.
- 21st May – Work night. This week will be run by Lesley Connolly. There will be some Pastels for you to try but if you have your own then please bring them along with you.
28th May – Appraisal night with Rod Edwards. Bring along your work for appraisal. If you are new to this medium, then bring along what you have done, it does not have to be a piece of finished work, it could just be techniques and colour combinations you have tried in pastel.
16th April – The demo by Peter Horrocks on 16th April was a great night with lots of information on using earth pigments, which peter demonstrated with great skill. His work was very different to what was expected and most people went away with lots of ideas. There are some photos on our Facebook page for you.
23rd April – Although not many members came to the sale of art material, those that did either bought something that was a bargain or sold items that they no longer wanted. We all enjoyed some nibbles and a cup of tea while having a nice evening in good company.
30th April – The Spring Trophy Night was a great success with lots of high standard entries. We all enjoyed the buffet while trying to deliberate our casting vote.
The votes were counted and the winners are:
1st …….Karen Hotchkiss
From this month we will be having a Medium of the month, but you can choose whether to paint a landscape, portrait, animals, buildings, flowers, abstract or anything you like to paint. The choice is yours.
BUT you will have to do it in the months chosen medium.
This month ‘MARCH’ the chosen medium is ACRYLIC
Don’t worry if you don’t have the medium, you are welcome to come along and you will find that other members will bring supplies for you to try out.
So tonight it’s Trimpley Hall for 7.15, BRIAN STEVENTON RBSA BWS is coming along to give us an insight on acrylic techniques.
Kidderminster Art Society enjoyed an informative evening with Paul Hipkiss on 5 Feb 2015, demonstrating some of his printing techniques.
With a quick background and overprinting, Paul created this lovely print in just 20 minutes.
Here Paul makes his print on a press then with colour washes, completes the picture of the bridge, leaving the white railing, helping to define the contours as a contrast against the sky and trees.
A member of the RBSA, you can view more of Paul’s work here
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL KAS MEMBERS! We kick off the year this Thursday, 8th January, with our very own David Spurrier RBSA, who will give us a demonstration on mixed media. Please arrive for 7 pm to start about 7.15pm.
As usual, non-members are welcome and can pay £5 on the door. Tea or coffee and biscuits are included. If there is any sign of bad weather and you think the evening may be cancelled please telephone CLAIRE SPENCER on 01299 405115 before travelling.
The new programme will appear on the ‘What’s On’ pages as soon as it is finalised.